Training & Development Programmes
At New Dawn Resources, we understand the importance of staff training and development, and the difference having a skilled and engaged workforce can make to a business. We run a wide range of health & safety and food safety training courses, along with bespoke management development programmes that can help you to grow your company.
Fully Accredited and Certificated CIEH Courses
New Dawn Resources is a registered training centre with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and delivers accredited training courses in several languages at a range of venues across the UK or in-house at your premises. Our CIEH trainers have a collective pass rate of 97.5%.
These qualifications have been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. The CIEH syllabus provides a flexibility which enables training to be tailored to meet the specific needs of your business operation.
The level 2 courses are mainly aimed at staff from any sector with no supervisory or managerial responsibility. These courses provide a grounding in the essentials which everyone at work should have an understanding of.
Health & Safety Courses
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude, which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
- CIEH Level 2 - Health & Safety in the Workplace (1 day course)
- CIEH Level 2 - Manual Handling Principles & Practice (1 day course)
- CIEH Level 2 - Principles of COSHH (½ day course)
- CIEH Level 2 - Principles of Manual Handling (½ day course)
Refreshment of these qualifications is not a statutory requirement although it is recommended at least every 3 years.
Food Safety Courses
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensuring that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
The level 2 food safety courses provide a firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved, including an understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling) and the confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
- CIEH Level 1 - Induction into Safety in Food Premises (½ day course)
- CIEH Level 2 - Food Safety in Manufacturing (1 day course)
- CIEH Level 2 - Food Safety in Catering (1 day course)
- CIEH Level 2 - Food Safety in Retail (1 day course)
- CIEH Level 3 - Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing (3 day course)
- CIEH Level 3 - Food Safety Supervision for Retail (3 day course)
- CIEH Level 3 - Food Safety Supervision for Catering (3 day course)
Refreshment of these qualifications is not a statutory requirement, although it is recommended and most local authorities look for staff to have taken a refresher at least every 3 years.
Management & Supervisory Training
Unlike many HR training companies, our trainers are all CIPD qualified HR practitioners, which ensures they have the credibility essential for engaging with managers and supervisors. Management skills are complex and often need to be taught. For managers to excel, they need to understand exactly what's required of them and given the opportunity to learn practical techniques to help them achieve it.
We offer bespoke HR training courses that cover a range of HR issues, including leadership, appraisal training, equality and diversity, performance management, resolving workplace conflict, managing the discipline and grievance process, and recruitment and selection.
Talk to us about how training can help your managers and supervisors to achieve their full potential. Whether you want to train staff in new processes or address skills gaps within your organisation, we can design a bespoke HR training programme to meet your needs.
To find out more about New Dawn Resources’ training and development services, call us on 01484 680098 or contact us via the website.
Free Training & Development Resources
- New Dawn Resources’ Training DirectoryRead full details of all New Dawn Resources’ training and development courses.Type: PDF | Size: 1.97mb | Uploaded: 21/08/2013
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH SyllabusType: PDF | Size: 0.17mb | Uploaded: 21/08/2013
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing SyllabusType: PDF | Size: 0.12mb | Uploaded: 21/08/2013
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace SyllabusType: PDF | Size: 0.09mb | Uploaded: 21/08/2013
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling- Principles and Practice SyllabusType: PDF | Size: 0.15mb | Uploaded: 21/08/2013