Why did we develop the Knowledge vs Risk programme?
Our latest training course, Knowledge vs Risk, has been designed specifically to help local SMEs get to grips with all the relevant health & safety regulations and employment laws.
We run an SME business of our own, so have first-hand experience of how difficult it can be to find the time and money to keep up to date with the rules and to develop robust human resources policies and health & safety procedures.
This background influenced our thinking when we planned Knowledge vs Risk, which is why it is more than a series of classroom-based training sessions and also includes one-to-one reviews at your site and the provision of advice in key areas to help you protect your business.
The schedule was drawn up in the knowledge that people who run SMEs are always pushed for time, so the development programme lasts for a year, but only requires the nominated director or manager to commit to one day a month.
We also understand how important cost is to start-up and growing businesses, so have made the package of training and support as affordable as possible. The deposit is £750 and there are a further 11 monthly payments of £95 (all prices subject to VAT), but SMEs based in Kirklees may well be eligible for help with the fees via Kirklees Council’s Working Smarter Voucher scheme.
Knowledge vs Risk – A brief overview
Training & Development:
- A generalist understanding of the key employment laws and ACAS codes of practice
- Knowledge of various H&S requirements relevant to the specific business sector and operation
- An understanding of how to motivate, lead and inspire your teams
- The knowledge and skills to recruit, motivate, develop and reward teams
- Knowledge of various reward and recognition schemes to help you manage your costs while rewarding your teams
- A bespoke employee handbook detailing your company policies & procedures, including contracts
- Bespoke competency-based tools to ensure you attract, retain and develop teams aligned to your business needs
- A detailed health & safety report, which will identify each area of possible risk and detail various actions to be considered
- Tools and ideas to ensure your business is ready and able to meet the needs of the Auto Enrolment Scheme
Find out more about Knowledge vs Risk.